The only place in southern Calhoun County large enough to be called a town is Brussels. We bought drinks and snacks in the tiny, but well-stocked Red & White Food Store.
The Brussels Jail was built around 1876. The corrugated iron was added in 1889. The jail was mostly used to hold drunks, including 12 at once on a particularly rowdy night. The last prisoner was held in the building in 1952.